Tembisa is a large but beautiful township located in East Rand Gauteng and has a steep heritage and history that contributes to the way it is today. The name comes from a Xhosa word which means “hope” or “promise”. This is what kept the people of Tembisa going, despite facing challenging times.
Today there are 60 sections that make up the township and some of the residents are still living below the poverty line. However, there are lots of people from Tembisa who sought to make a better living and rise above. There are many renowned celebrities who were born and raised in the very heart of Tembisa. You’ll also find skilled contractors including plumbers in Tembisa that can help you complete your home renovation or construction projects.
Plumbers are responsible for everything related to plumbing including the installation of HVAC systems, piping systems responsible for carrying waste, gas, and water to buildings of commercial and residential estates. Plumbers are also responsible for installing bathroom and kitchen fixtures (toilets, basins, showers, bathtubs, sinks).
There are many tasks that take little effort and calculation to complete in a “do it yourself” way. While some folks are blessed with multiple talents including DIY abilities, when it comes to plumbing, it can get a bit tricky.
Plumbers work hard and their physically demanding job. Plumbers get “down and dirty” when working with sewage systems including installation and maintenance of these systems. They often need to “contort” their bodies to be able to fit into tight crawl spaces to get to the plumbing problem to be repaired.
Many plumbers are on call 24/7 as plumbing emergencies can strike at virtually any time of the day.
Apart from their physical work, they need to have certain skills which include but are not limited to the following:
There are many benefits to hiring a plumber in your area; they can help improve the value of your home simply by applying their expertise.
1. Experience is key: Some plumbing tasks are very intricate and only a qualified plumber will be able to diagnose and fix the problem. This will save you time and trouble.
2. Up to date with plumbing style: Are you looking to makeover your bathroom? Your plumber will source the most relevant and beautiful plumbing fixtures to suit your home and your lifestyle.
3. You can get your plumbing done in a timely manner: A plumber already knows what to do after assessing the task and so he will work according to a good time frame.
4. Get quality work and materials: When you choose a professional plumber in Tembisa, you can be sure that you’ll get good workmanship and quality items.
5. Save some Rands: Shopping around for the products you think will work in your DIY plumbing venture may result that you spend more than you bargained for. Plumbers have connections with each other as well as other contractors and can source quality items at affordable prices.
Plumber’s earning varies depending on whether or not they work for themselves or part of a team at a plumbing contractor firm. Jobs indeed reported the average salary of a plumber in South Africa is 250,300 per annum. That said, plumbing is a lucrative career and requires individuals to learn the theory and practice within the trade. Qualified plumbers study at reputable plumbing schools like the PDC Collage plumbing trade school, South Africa.
Plumbers comply with the SABS standards and are licensed and registered with the PIRB (Plumbing Industry Registration Board).