When Berdine Neethling bought an empty shell of a house in the Cape Town City Bowl, The Painted Door Design Co. interior designer Alison Reynolds helped her to renovate it and to curate an eclectic collection of art, furniture and collectibles.
TIPS FROM ALISON:
• Don’t be afraid of change: Move furniture around; rearrange books; bring in different pot plants.
• Paint is an economical way to instantly revive a room.
• Life is too short to be colourless.
• Don’t disperse your budget over many rooms. Rather go for impact and spend what you have on one room.
• Beauty is nothing without function.